At Jeff King & Company, we build our workforce as painstakingly as we build our homes. That means we’re always on the lookout for talented, highly motivated, dedicated, career-oriented professionals who can add a new dimension to our team.
We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive pay and a progressive benefits package including:
- Full health benefits
- 401k & profit sharing
- Paid time off & holidays
- Flexible medical/dependent spending accounts
- Education & tool stipend
If you have the passion to collaborate with excellent designers and architects on challenging projects, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply for one of the open positions listed below, fill out the online interactive application and submit. Please include your salary requirements, a comprehensive list of past employers and cover letter describing your experience as it relates to the job description. We will contact you promptly if your skills and experience are a good fit for our company.
Current Open Positions
We are seeking a Site Superintendent to run our high-end residential remodel and new construction projects. We have a strong backlog of work and are looking for the right professional to help us build it. We strive to create a streamlined and supportive team environment so you feel set up for success and can focus on what you love most, building.
About You: You ensure that projects with your name on them exceed quality expectations because you won’t accept anything less. You are a master of communication and planning, setting the path forward and finding solutions to problems before they arise. You enjoy your leadership role and know how to motivate your team in a respectful manner to get great work done.
About the Job: This is a full-time, salaried position. The Site Superintendent is the lynchpin of a successful project, managing the daily on-site work, monitoring staff and subcontractors’ performance, and working closely with the Project Manager to assure that QC standards, as well as financial and scheduling goals, are met. This means the ideal candidate takes “pride of ownership” and is not just an accomplished builder, but is also a dedicated problem solver.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Review & learn all project construction documents. Accurately prepare takeoffs and layout, as required.
- Prepare and maintain a course of construction production schedule; effectively communicate with staff & subcontractors. Schedule all Inspections, as required.
- Provide suggested solutions and options to production and design team, as required. Attend all on-site meetings with the team.
- Effectively liaison with outside interested parties (i.e., neighbors, HOAs, etc.).
- Perform admin duties (Daily Logs, RFIs, Submittals, etc.); manage all relevant project information. Document “as-built” & “unforeseen” conditions.
- Communicate and implement company policies and procedures, including IIPP/Safety directives. Be familiar with OSHA requirements; maintain job site cleanliness; conduct “tailgate” safety meetings.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years progressive experience (3-5 years in a supervisory role) in residential construction.
- Excellent & demonstrable communication skills (verbal & written); Spanish speaker a plus.
- Self-starter and directed, but also a team player/builder. Strong interpersonal skills, with emphasis on tact, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of relevant building trades, and current building codes/permit requirements.
- Computer proficiency: MS Excel, Project or Fast Track, Word, email; familiarity with web-based Project Management applications (Procore, UDA, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations, prioritizing competing issues & concurrent deadlines
We are looking for a laborer/apprentice carpenter who is responsible, wants to pursue a career in construction, and meets the criteria outlined below that does not depend on experience level.
- Prior construction experience a plus.
- Able to lift, carry and set a minimum of 50lbs, unassisted. Able to do sustained strenuous work indoors & outdoors.
- Basic tool kit (hammer, tape measure, utility knife, cordless drill after 90 days of employment).
- Have a desire to expand your skills and responsibilities.
- Be detail oriented and a good problem solver.
- Fluent in English.
- Be professional, conscientious, and a team player.
- Able to interact and work well with all types of personalities including, crew, subs, owner, and clients.
- CA drivers license and clean DMV record.
- Drug free.
- Professional appearance.
- Punctual with consistent work attendance.
- Quality references (a must).
To apply for one of the above positions, visit our online interactive application including your salary requirements, list of past employers and cover letter.